LES PAUL JUNIOR PREWIRED KITEMERSON CUSTOM
- Wired 50's style for authentic vintage sound and feel.
This is a prewired assembly for Gibson Les Paul Junior guitars. Wired with 22 AWG external braid vintage push-back wire for that vintage look and sound. Soldered connections to the input jack are insulated with heat-shrink to ensure durability and long life.
- (2) Emerson Pro CTS 500k Split Shaft w/.375" Shaft Potentiometers
- (1) Switchcraft 1/4" Mono Input Jack (PREWIRED)
- (1) 0.022uf Emerson Bumblebee Paper in Oil Capacitor
- Wiring Diagram
What’s so special about ’50s style wiring?
- The overall tone gets stronger, tighter, and more transparent. It’s difficult to describe, but you might say it’s more “in your face.”
- The typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less than with standard wiring. Both the volume and tone controls become more responsive, and they react more smoothly without the usual hot spots. Another bonus: By simply rolling back your guitar volume a bit, you can clean up an overdriven amp without getting lost in the mix.
- The tone and the volume controls interact with each other—something you might be familiar with from certain tweed-era Fender tube amps. When you change the volume, the tone changes a little bit as well, and vice-versa. This may be strange at first, but you only need a few minutes to get used to it.
Installation Tips for Knobs on Split Shaft Pots
Our Emerson Pro split shaft pots are made to fit USA Spec 24 spline push-on knobs. Some USA & Import Guitars will need new USA Spec Knobs as even some US makers use import spec parts which will not work with our pots. We recommend that you don't rush the knob install process. If your knob is too tight and is not going on ,slightly crimp together the top of the potentiometers shaft ever so slightly so that when you go to push on the knob you don't damage the pot shaft by exerting too much downward pressure. If you have any questions regarding install please let us know. Thank you.