3-Way Esquire Prewired Kit
- Handwired in the USA
- Features Emerson PRO CTS Potentiometers
- Volume Only (Tone Pot out of Circuit)
- Standard Volume & Tone (Dial in your Tone pot to your exact liking)
- Volume & Fixed 0.0047uf Capacitor for a nice rolled off tone (Tone Pot of Circuit)
DescriptionThe Emerson 3-Way Esquire Prewired kit gives you 3 unique sounding positions, and with the use of our Emerson Pro pots the taper and sweep of the volume and tone pots allow for the perfect tailoring of both volume and tone to your liking.
The 1st Position (Volume Only) is great for a straight up base tone.
Switch to the 2nd position (Standard Volume & Tone) and dial in the tone knob to your liking, giving you enough difference between the 1st positions bypassed tone signal and the 3rd positions fixed capacitor tone.
The 3rd position (Volume & Fixed Capacitor) features a 0.0047uf Paper In Oil capacitor that gives a fixed rolled off tone (Eldred Mod) that is independent of the tone pot. Great for a darker, but still useable tone.
Wired with 22 AWG vintage push-back wire for that vintage look and sound. Soldered connections to the input jack are insulated with heat-shrink to ensure durability and long life. If you are installing this on an import guitar with metric sized pots you may need to ream your control plate holes to accept the slightly larger US-Spec pots and buy US-Spec knobs.
- (2) Emerson PRO CTS Solid Shaft w/.375" (3/8") Shaft Length
- (1) Oak Grigsby 3-Way Switch
- (1) Switchcraft 1/4" Mono Input Jack
- (1) 0.047uf Emerson Paper in Oil Capacitor (for Normal Tone, Postion #2)
- (1) 0.0047uf Paper In Oil Capacitor (for Fixed Tone, Postion #3)
- (1) Volume Mod
- Wiring Diagram
**BUILT & SPACED FOR USE ON STANDARD FENDER STYLE TELE CONTROL PLATES. CENTER TO CENTER OF VOLUME AND TONE POTS IS 2.50 INCHES**
Reverse Control Plate Setup Note: Volume, Tone & 3-way Switch. (Volume Control is parallel to the bridge pickup for players that like to use their volume knob a lot for swells and more overall control)
**Control Plate, Switch Tip or Knobs Not Included**